Thursday 6 February 2014

SQL Server : Drop database in emergency mode

You'll always feel good when you learn/know new things and it is very much true with people who want to learn more and more.

Today, I was working with one corrupted database on SQL Server 2012 to recover it and I came to know one interesting thing (at least for me) that when you drop one database which is set in emergency mode then it only delete data file . Yes, It does not delete log file.

To validate the above fact, I have dropped corrupted database and tried to create same database again with old DB creation script it ended up with error that log file exist.

Second, I have created another database ( To reconfirm that it is not something related with corruption) and set to emergency mode and then dropped it but again it didn't deleted log file.

I'll share the more details when I'll complete assigned task.

Thanks/

Brgds,

Chhavinath Mishra
Sr. Database Administrator

Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)


No comments:

Post a Comment